New to seahorses

I wouldn't have hermits with any type of seahorses. The hermits can pinch them and injure them.
 
Congrats!!

My filtration system is going to be different. I have standard sized seahorses.

As far as feeding for the babies, you will need to feed newly hatched brine shrimp.
 
I would not turn off all the filtration. You still need circulation. Use foam or even pantyhose to cover all intakes that the seahorses could get sucked into.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new