new to the field ich

bhamdmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone, this is my second time around and I have ich in my tank. The odd part is only one fish has it bad which is my sail fin tang. I quarantined him and I am try to treat him. Does anyone now can I just continue my tank and treat my tang till he gets better and put him back In.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone, this is my second time around and I have ich in my tank. The odd part is only one fish has it bad which is my sail fin tang. I quarantined him and I am try to treat him. Does anyone now can I just continue my tank and treat my tang till he gets better and put him back In.

Welcome to R2R!!! and sorry your first post is in the disease forum but we will get you on the road to recovery.
To eradicate ich all fish in the tank will need to be treated with copper at therapeutic levels (1.75ppm preferred with copper power) for either 30 days in the same tank or 14 days then transfer to a sterile tank. your tank will need to go fallow for 76 days. If you treat just the sailfin and put him back in he will more than likely succumb to ich again. What other fish are in the tank?
Can you post a pic of the fish so we can confirm it’s ich and not velvet?

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back