New to the forum reefer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Henry81
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
That looks pretty great! My question is... How much would you have to sell one for in order to turn a 20% profit (including paying yourself labor?) I built a stand and I figured I would have to sell it for about $1000 in order to make a business out of it.

Cost for all material and stain was around $400, took me about 12 hrs by myself. I just dont have the time to pump these out with two kids 7&8 , free time is hard to come by. Mumma had her hands full last weekend [emoji15][emoji15]
 
That looks pretty great! My question is... How much would you have to sell one for in order to turn a 20% profit (including paying yourself labor?) I built a stand and I figured I would have to sell it for about $1000 in order to make a business out of it.

Once i get it all plumbed in, i will add the doors and sides. The doors will be overlay type and use blum 170’ soft close hinges. Prob set me back another $150.
 
0ef3d9553fdf32bf4414077324034604.jpg
15f9dc0f0990a95f5c7716e5048ca6c2.jpg

All setup and running for about a month now. Cant say enough about sca , from the customer service to end product Steve Chow has been excellent to deal with. Like we all say... I wish i would of went bigger hahahahaha. All in all its a great size tank for 150 gallons and having the 20” synergy overflow instead of internal gives you a ton of extra real estate. Also ive heard of war stories of people saying that they cant get the overflow silent... ( maybe i got lucky ) but i had it dialed in within a day and the whole setup is dead silent , only noise i get is from real turbulent water rolling on top when im in gyre mode with mp40’s.
 
Hey Brad, I missed welcoming you back in January but better late than never... Welcome to r2r!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new