New to the forum

AZL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for allowing me to join. I'm about a year into keeping marine and getting more serious about reefing so keen to chat with other hobbyists. I've recently upgraded my main tank to just over 4 foot with sump, etc. and so far it houses the pair of green spotted puffers that got me into salt, a ruby red dragonet, a watchman goby, hairy mushrooms, and superman mushrooms. I'm trying LPS next so advice very welcome. I also have a 40 gallon system set up at the mental health service I run with a pair of common clowns, a mandarin, a clown goby, and a fire shrimp. :)

Last edited:

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for allowing me to join. I'm about a year into keeping marine and getting more serious about reefing so keen to chat with other hobbyists. I've recently upgraded my main tank to just over 4 foot with sump, etc. and so far it houses the pair of green spotted puffers that got me into salt, a ruby red dragonet, a watchman goby, hairy mushrooms, and superman mushrooms. I'm trying LPS next so advice very welcome. I also have a 40 gallon sytem set up at the mental health service I run with a pair of common clowns, a mandarin, a clown goby, and a fire shrimp. :)
Welcome to R2R! Keep an eye on your puffers when you add LPS to your tank. They may be fine for awhile. But if they develop a taste for those corals, the damage they can do in just a few minutes is amazing. My favorite fish "was" a blue spot puffer that had to be rehomed when it suddenly got the LPS munchies. Horrible day. Loved that fish. :(

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nerd.gif

Welcome to the family! Glad to have you with us. I'd love to see some pics of both tanks. Did you have any particular LPS in mind? Most are pretty forgiving and really add visual appeal to the tank.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for allowing me to join. I'm about a year into keeping marine and getting more serious about reefing so keen to chat with other hobbyists. I've recently upgraded my main tank to just over 4 foot with sump, etc. and so far it houses the pair of green spotted puffers that got me into salt, a ruby red dragonet, a watchman goby, hairy mushrooms, and superman mushrooms. I'm trying LPS next so advice very welcome. I also have a 40 gallon system set up at the mental health service I run with a pair of common clowns, a mandarin, a clown goby, and a fire shrimp. :)
Good choice joining site you will not regret it. I’m sure there is mote info and help here than on google. I’m only here less than a month and already learned lots from these great bunch of people. Good luck

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.0%
Back