New To The Forum

Maxcmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am new to the forum. I have been reading up in here for the past 4 months. I have a similar story to most in that I had a reef tank from 2004 to 2008. It was a 92 bow front and the only filtration on it was a refugium with filter floss, mud, and caulerpa. It had a little white fluorescent looking light over it on 24/7 and worked quite well. DI wasn't a thing I don't think either I had a small RO plumbed right into the refugium to keep the water level right. Anyways, life knocked me out of the hobby for a while and now I am back and it seems like a-lot has changed! I am about to receive a new Waterbox 105.4 frag in the next month and I am going to be running a Reef Octopus 150ss skimmer, Nyos Reactor (NOT SURE WHAT I AM GOING TO PUT IN IT YET) to start with two Vortech MP40's and two Radion PRO XR15 lights. Looking forward to putting it all together. Any help with some input on the NYOS Reactor media would be great. I have read carbon should only be temporary so I was thinking of running carbon and the phosphate remover Nyos sells and then bio pellets and the phosphate remover once I am 3 or 4 months in? I am not planning on a ton of fish. 1 Tang, 2-4 clowns, a diamond watch goby, skunk shrimp, hermits, snails, and maybe one or two other small fish. Eventually the focus will be to grow out a bunch of coral. Thanks in advance! (stock waterbox photo...)

web.1800x1000.FragScene_1080x_be0da26c-3f5c-4af4-9f08-f584f8116527_1080x.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi all, I am new to the forum. I have been reading up in here for the past 4 months. I have a similar story to most in that I had a reef tank from 2004 to 2008. It was a 92 bow front and the only filtration on it was a refugium with filter floss, mud, and caulerpa. It had a little white fluorescent looking light over it on 24/7 and worked quite well. DI wasn't a thing I don't think either I had a small RO plumbed right into the refugium to keep the water level right. Anyways, life knocked me out of the hobby for a while and now I am back and it seems like a-lot has changed! I am about to receive a new Waterbox 105.4 frag in the next month and I am going to be running a Reef Octopus 150ss skimmer, Nyos Reactor (NOT SURE WHAT I AM GOING TO PUT IN IT YET) to start with two Vortech MP40's and two Radion PRO XR15 lights. Looking forward to putting it all together. Any help with some input on the NYOS Reactor media would be great. I have read carbon should only be temporary so I was thinking of running carbon and the phosphate remover Nyos sells and then bio pellets and the phosphate remover once I am 3 or 4 months in? I am not planning on a ton of fish. 1 Tang, 2-4 clowns, a diamond watch goby, skunk shrimp, hermits, snails, and maybe one or two other small fish. Eventually the focus will be to grow out a bunch of coral. Thanks in advance! (stock waterbox photo...)

web.1800x1000.FragScene_1080x_be0da26c-3f5c-4af4-9f08-f584f8116527_1080x.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef! It sounds like you got a good tank coming. One thing that hasn't changed - take it slow. Good luck, it's going to be fun!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back