New to the Game

bowheaton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife has been jonesing for a Saltwater tank for years. We jumped in with a Biocube 32 in Jan. I've been trying to learn as much as possible, so that we don't have to have a service. I haven't had anything to crazy happen just yet. Almost lost it when I experienced the diatoms for the first time, but then found out it happens to the new tanks. Small clean up crew knocked most of it out. Have a couple fish. 2 yellow tail damsels, peppermint shrimp, 6 line wrasse, couple blue leg hermits, a couple of snails and coral frags (zoas, Duncan, Favia, pipe organ, ricordea, torch). Lost a diamond goby, may have eaten everything there was to eat. Another peppermint shrimp, he vanished, we then saw his shell sitting at the top of the scape. He may have not been hiding very well when he molted and being all soft, likely got eaten. But that was not such a sad loss, that guy was very aggressive and killed at least 3 snails of various types.

Testing weekly, all things good, at least I think
Water change every other week.

So far so good.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You are going to love it here. There are lots of helpful folks on here who love to help and just talk about reefing.
Skel Fish.gif

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Bow,! We can help You when issues pop up ! Start a test build thread in the members tank forum (it's down toward the bottom of the list) & show us some pics of your tank ? Another good place is the "New to saltwater " forum. Lottta good info there. Glad Ya joined up !
ps It's really good that You & Your Lady both enjoy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back