New to the hobby and LOVE it

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! That is a very nice setup you have put together.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Cheezle and welcome to R2R!! Glad you joined us!! Instead of upgrading to another power filter, I would invest in a Hang On Back (HOB) protein skimmer. Runs circles around a power filter as far as keeping water clean!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everyone! Not sure what all to put here but.. I started in October after catching the Rona and spending 2 weeks watching every BRS video I could. I've been addicted since, can't tell if my LFS hate or love me with how often I visit.

I have a 20 gallon long with a little HOB fluval 50 gallon filter, 2 AI 16 primes and am working on a mixed reef tank. I've got 2 clownies, a watchman goby, citron goby and a mandarin who loves pods, mysis and tdo pellets.

This is my first tank ever and so far so good, ran into dinos shortly after completing my tanks cycle but have managed to keep everything in order (for the most part) since then.

Loving all of the content this forum provides, from awesome sales to learning that my questions are super common and there's an answer for almost everything here.. except whether or not it's worth upgrading my filter to a tidal 75 or not.. lots of varying opinions out there.

Looking forward to lurking and enjoying everyone else's awesome tanks.

P.S I am awful with coral placement so if you have any suggestions then please, I am all ears!

PXL_20220322_031555654.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Agree with you that this is a great site

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back