New to the hobby looking for tips :D

Darkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! My name is Justin, I'm just now getting into the hobby with my girlfriend! I'm going to start a 30 gallon tank and the first fish I want to get (shocker) is a Royal Gramma :D So I just have a simple question or 2: In a 30 gallon tank with the Royal Gramma and potentially a Broadstripe Goby second does anyone know if a Rolland's Damselfish will be a good third and final addition? If not what would you guys add? I am open to any suggestions aside from Clownfish. :p

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! The Rolland's damselfish would be a good choice. Really, any Chrysiptera damsel other than the blue devil would be a good and somewhat peaceful showfish. Just avoid the other kinds, and you can avoid most conflict.

OP
OP
D

Darkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the quick replies! You guys are awesome :D!! And yeah Bigred I read that about Damsels in general but I have read that Rolland's can be less aggressive for the most part but that they can get territorial as they mature so I was a little worried about how that would go with the Royal Gramma, and on that note Thanks a bunch Anemone!!! I liked the Rolland's Damsel the most anyway out of the Damsels I saw so that is great to get verified.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from fish if you haven't already set up your tank I'd highly recommend using live rock for the boost in biodiversity, shortening the ugly phase, and other reasons I can go into if you want

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't help with the fish but welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back