New to the hobby

thegrilledcheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

I am in high school and starting a nano tank (after months of begging and saving up money), I was wondering how I got into this reef club and where you guys meet up.

Cheers!

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND NEVER LOOK BACK!!!! This hobby will curse you forever! LOL!

No seriously though most of all the people involved in this hobby and involved with reef2reef are EXCELLENT people! Very friendly and helpful whenever you need them, reef related or non......

Meetings vary depending on whos hosting. If you read the sticky threads on the main MTRC forum page it will give you details.

:welcome::welcome:

quigimon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a pretty nice thing to get into, something if approached right you should enjoy for quite a while.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
19-1.gif

Welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site. Will look forward to meeting you if you join the club. Do as much research as you can before getting started. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and online but I would also suggest getting a few books to read before getting started. We can help guide you to get you started off on the right foot. Most people give up within the first 3 months due to lack of knowledge and what is going on in their tanks. With our help, we will make you a life long aquarium keeper!

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, great site with great people. As others have said research thoroughly and never be afraid to ask questions. What kind of tank are you going to setup?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
T

thegrilledcheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my live rock came in today, IM SO EXCITED also is it alright if I go to your meeting this December without paying the club due? I read that somewhere

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my live rock came in today, IM SO EXCITED also is it alright if I go to your meeting this December without paying the club due? I read that somewhere

Yup but its well worth the $20/year just in the discount from Aquatic Critter alone lol not to mention our frag swap in april!!!

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
T

thegrilledcheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the cost I'm worried about at all, I just want to meet and greet with you guys and get a feel of how thing go down and most importantly the INFORMATION tips that noobs like me dont know

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mixing saltwater is annoying... its either too high or too low

Start with 5 gallons of RO/DI water and pour some in at a time with a measuring cup and record the number of cups it takes to get to 1.025. I've found with Red Sea Salt it takes about 2.25 cups of salt mix to reach 1.025. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
T

thegrilledcheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RO/DI i was pleasantly surprised when I found out all of my "tap" water these years that i've been drinking was actually just my dad's RO/DI system

quigimon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mixing saltwater is annoying... its either too high or too low

One of those things you will get down soon enough, also to help you can buy water premixed from most pet stores that have sw aquarium if I'm not mistaken, I know pet palace in Clarksville does. Instant ocean's been good to me, usually right on the money for me with what's on the label.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back