New to the hobby

TheWhiteFang

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2025
Messages
41
Reaction score
49
Location
Amarillo
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new to the hobby and am starting out a bit differently than most. I bought a tank from my LFS that was already fairly established.
Here is what it came with:
~40G cube with stand and sump
Simplicity skimmer
Simplicity return pump
Various Coral
Some established liverock
A couple of snails/brittle stars.

What I have added:
Hydra 32HD
Nero 3 Wavemaker
BioSpheres
CUC from Reef Cleaners
2 Tiger Conches
2 Bumblebee Snails for some vermetid snails I have seen.

I am experiencing some coral die off I am thinking due to the stress of moving the tank and also the placement of some of the coral (cyphastrea encrusting rock toward the top of the tank), but there are plenty of mushrooms and some palys that seem to be happy thus far.

tank1.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome aboard! You should start a build thread for your tank so we can follow your progress!
 
Welcome aboard! You should start a build thread for your tank so we can follow your progress!
Thanks for letting me know about that. I just started one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new