New to the hobby

Jayanels455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name Justin, and as the title suggests I’m new to the hobby. I’ve want a saltwater aquarium for as long as I could remember. Now I have a Marine 40.2 AIO with one clownfish cycling for about 2 weeks. I had two clowns but one jumped out of my rimless aquarium. So far I’ve attained AL 16 light, AL Nero 5, XPaqua ATO, and Comline DOC Skimmer 9004 DC that I haven’t install yet. I was told to install the skimmer after the cycle. I’m looking forward to learning and growing from this site. Hope people stop by to say hi

image.jpg

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome, there is a lot of info available for new people like us. between the forums and the articles on this site to youtube to vendor sites it is amazing what you can learn. Local Fish Store- LFS employees are like wish fulfillment agents. we let them tell us what we want to hear. 'Yes, Sir you can definitely have it all, Today, and in any amount you wish.' is this a problem? it depends. can we accept that sales people have a job that encourages immediate purchasing? I tend to set a timetable in my head then toss it out in favor of right now. hazard of the hobby. enjoy!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back