90 Gallon

Rabidgoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the hobby after a 7 year absence. This tank will be about 90 gallon (3'x 2'x 2') and SPS dominated.
The tank will be on the main level of the house and the sump will be almost directly under it in the basement.
The house is about a hundred years old so I use the term basement loosely. It is unfinished with a mix of walls and footings, called a Michigan basement around here. There will be limited pics of the sump room for that reason. The sump is 75 gallons and I bought glass and baffled it myself (quite easy to tell).
Will probably gravity feed a frag tank upstream of the sump at some point and have a couple 10 gallons so far for top off and dipping.

Struggling with posting the pictures the way I want them. I am trying to post from my puter and have always used a host in the past so I don't know if that is the problem or not. Still trying...........

I've been gathering equipment for several months, a combination of new and used stuff i've found here at R2R.

Stand getting second coat of paint today and the tank is painted. Some trim work still to do but will be done when the tank/stand is in place.

Sump, more to be done. I gooped on the silicone heavy on the baffles in hopes that it would help the frame support the tank as I am probably going to cut out the center brace to make room for the fuge light.

More to follow.......................

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back