Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Justin! Welcome to R2R!

Lots of good advice above!

Start a "Build Thread" in the Member's Tank area of the forum. You'll get a cool banner under your name ;)
Plus its a great place to keep a record of your tank's progress.
Thanks for joining us!

OP
OP
Jayanels455

Jayanels455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome, there is a lot of info available for new people like us. between the forums and the articles on this site to youtube to vendor sites it is amazing what you can learn. Local Fish Store- LFS employees are like wish fulfillment agents. we let them tell us what we want to hear. 'Yes, Sir you can definitely have it all, Today, and in any amount you wish.' is this a problem? it depends. can we accept that sales people have a job that encourages immediate purchasing? I tend to set a timetable in my head then toss it out in favor of right now. hazard of the hobby. enjoy!
Wow very good points!!! In the future I’ll do my own research. Thanks

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun!!!
pics!!...we all love pics!!!!

Leemcg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community and the hobby!
Definitely take what they tell you at the LFS with caution. Do what you can to research every step as much as possible and never hesitate to ask questions here. Everyone is happy and willing to help. It will reduce a lot of the stress and heartache that can come along with this hobby. Look into a well fitting screen top for the tank, every fish has the potential to make a break for it, even some snails will try to go for a stroll.

Superyosin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name Justin, and as the title suggests I’m new to the hobby. I’ve want a saltwater aquarium for as long as I could remember. Now I have a Marine 40.2 AIO with one clownfish cycling for about 2 weeks. I had two clowns but one jumped out of my rimless aquarium. So far I’ve attained AL 16 light, AL Nero 5, XPaqua ATO, and Comline DOC Skimmer 9004 DC that I haven’t install yet. I was told to install the skimmer after the cycle. I’m looking forward to learning and growing from this site. Hope people stop by to say hi

image.jpg
Welcome. I’m new too. Enjoy the hobby.

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, thanks for bit of information. I guess you can’t just trust the fish store employees.
Yup yup, welcome to R2R....lots of great info here. You will see there are other preferred methods to tank cycling here then stressing your fish out through the process. Add in some beneficial bacteria if you haven't already to help move things along.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back