new to the hobby

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! Good job doing research before jumping in! It will increase your chances of having a successful reef tank.

wait.. youre not supposed to dive right in and spend a butt load of money on things you dont know about? dang..

OP
OP
NeonNomad

NeonNomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patience is key!!! Get it all up and running without any fish and let it go. Put some cycle kick start and let the cycle happen. Do a ton of research on fish (if you want fish only or reef tank) research coral needs (some demand more than others) and be prepared cuz this hobby can be expensive. The greatest thing is asking questions is free though. We are here if ya need anything
Thank you so much! Yes thats the plan I want to do my best to do it right the first time. Its definitely not cheap from what I have read but definitely worth every penny

OP
OP
NeonNomad

NeonNomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! Good job doing research before jumping in! It will increase your chances of having a successful reef tank.
Thank you! Yes I definitely don't want to waste time and money so its best to try my best to get it right the first time

OP
OP
NeonNomad

NeonNomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wait.. youre not supposed to dive right in and spend a butt load of money on things you dont know about? dang..
Haha usually thats how it goes for most people but I don't want to wast my time and money just to fail. I want to do my best to get it going as smooth as i can the first time lol

OP
OP
NeonNomad

NeonNomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have questions or want advice you can hit me up anytime. I tend to check in couple times a day. Ive done this a long while (15 yrs), still have a bunch to learn myself lol, but I can help with basic coral and fish care and tank cycling questions
Haha yeah it seems like never ending learning. But yes definitely I will be in touch even with all my reading ill still need a lot of help I appreciate it

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard this is a great place to learn been here a couple months myself. Question for you is your cube a true aquarium or is it a glass critter cage? I admittedly looked at glass critter cages in the pet store as they appeared to be cheaper. They are...glass is different, silicone not always the best and the box said not for aquarium use. Suggest you do a full water test first if you aren’t sure. If you are sure best of luck and start a build thread

OP
OP
NeonNomad

NeonNomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard this is a great place to learn been here a couple months myself. Question for you is your cube a true aquarium or is it a glass critter cage? I admittedly looked at glass critter cages in the pet store as they appeared to be cheaper. They are...glass is different, silicone not always the best and the box said not for aquarium use. Suggest you do a full water test first if you aren’t sure. If you are sure best of luck and start a build thread
Yes its a true aquarium its the biocube 29gallon made for saltwater fish. Thank you very much for the advice!

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome!

Screenshot_20201020-104900_Google.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back