New to the Reef

Pistol shrimp I believe can Crack tanks (I think) and mandarins need some live foods so make sure you establish a great amount of copepods. Might find one that eats frozen. Outside of that welcome and enjoy. The mandarin was one of the fish I always wanted as well. They are beautiful. Ask questions be patient and always double check. Nothing comes fast in the hobby.
 
Hey all,

I'm new to R2R. I'm starting my first saltwater tank this weekend! will be doing a build thread soon. I have experience in aquariums just not saltwater. I'll be doing a mixed reef Red Sea Reefer 425xl. I'm looking forward to having a pistol shrimp and watchmen chilling in the tank eventually, and in the long game plan is a mandarin.
415xl ?!?! As your first salt?
I GOTTA see this!!!

oh and Welcome!
 
Polish_20200506_011127297.jpg
 
Hey all,

I'm new to R2R. I'm starting my first saltwater tank this weekend! will be doing a build thread soon. I have experience in aquariums just not saltwater. I'll be doing a mixed reef Red Sea Reefer 425xl. I'm looking forward to having a pistol shrimp and watchmen chilling in the tank eventually, and in the long game plan is a mandarin.
Welcome to R2R and reefing. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new