New to this questions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter EdenInab
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EdenInab

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Location
Hurley
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was gifted a 140 gallon that was used in a freshwater bait shop hoping to move it to a saltwater tank. Google says that I can but I just wanted to check. Also what size tank would you use for a sump tank? Also getting conflicting answers online. Thanks so much!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

#WelcometoR2R

In my experience, most bait shops add methylene blue to their minnows to prevent fungus and other issues. Does the silicon look blue at all? The meth blue has a staining effect. That said, I don't think there would be a problem using this tank for saltwater, I would just wash and rinse it very well.
 
Hi, I was gifted a 140 gallon that was used in a freshwater bait shop hoping to move it to a saltwater tank. Google says that I can but I just wanted to check. Also what size tank would you use for a sump tank? Also getting conflicting answers online. Thanks so much!
Sump size is no smaller than 25% of your total tank volume!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new