New to this

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CW76 welcome to R2R! This is a great place to learn, and so many people are willing to offer advice. I'm a "new" reefer as well as my tank has only been up and running about a year. There is so much I wish I knew before actually buying my first tank and stuff. So here are a few thoughts for you.

First, there are a lot of different opinions on the "best" way of doing things. So I've always tried to separate facts from opinion, and then decide what approach would work for me.

Second, BRS (Bulk Reef Supply) has a great set of videos called "52 Weeks of Reefing" that goes through a "build" from almost the very beginning. A lot of great information along the way. They have videos on so much. A lot of other vendors have videos as well.

Finally -- take your time. It seems like folks have gotten into trouble when they rush the process.

Good luck!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Charlyn!

This might be helpful and anything else just ask

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to R2R!!! Definitely let us know whatever questions you have as you progress with Your build!

lilkiwi930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome,
You will love this hobby.

One tip coming from someone who is still semi new, been doing this for 1.5 years now. When you buy corals make sure you do a coral dip to make sure it helps rid of any pest on that coral. Plus research and dont be scared to ask a lot of questions. I made a lot of mistake when I started. But getting the hang of everything. Currently I am upgrading from a 32g to a 72g which I am excited. Just research everything you need to know about setting up the new tank and cycling it as well as coral dipping and such. :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Be leery of bad advice from stores and Do NOT let impulse get the best of you- way too easy in this hobby!
Go slowly means take it one step at a time and be patient as each move is a learning experience. Murphy was perhaps the first reefer “ IF SOMETHING CAN GO WRONG, it WILL “
lastly, welcome to the R2R community and we’re glad you joined us !!

atnet360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second, BRS (Bulk Reef Supply) has a great set of videos called "52 Weeks of Reefing" that goes through a "build" from almost the very beginning. A lot of great information along the way. They have videos on so much. A lot of other vendors have videos as well.

+1 on 52 weeks of reefing. Also their 5 Minute Saltwater Aquarium guide. Both have been very helpful for me as I've gotten started.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back