New Toadstool Coral not opening

QuentinSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, 2 days ago I bought gsp, hairy mushroom, and a toadstool coral. I think that the mushroom and the gsp are doing well, but my toadstool hasn’t been opening. It has opened a bit when the lights are off, but closes when the lights come on. I am using the ai prime 16hd, I run 43% UV and Violet, 31% royal and blue, 3% green and deep red, 0% moonlight and 15% cool white. The tank is 14” tall, 13” wide and long.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I’m also unsure if my flow is sufficient, I am currently just using the return pump which has a flow rate of a 100 gallons per hour, I have a wavemaker which is 400gph which I could add.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely add the other powerhead. Leathers like flow, and more flow in general is good.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They take a couple days to settle but also ASSURE, they have Moderate to medium light and water flow. Blow the surface of it gently with a turkey baster and direct flow Towards it- NOT at it and it will perk up

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hasn't opened for more then a year. I tried all kind of placement, leave it for 2 weeks and nothing. It opens for a day and then back to sleep again.
I had a hammer which stayed closed for 2 years. I lowered alk and it opened. For me it is a lottery. Some of them just don't like your tank parameters and open only when you reach their level which is of course unknown.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back