New Trident?

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for an excuse to get away from Neptune. My Apex controller broke after a year and a half of use, and the tech told me the only fix was to buy the A3 and throw my A2 in the garbage. Offered me a deal of $300 USD for a new one….. criminal.
Apex is garbage and can GFT.

BiggestE22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have been posting teaser videos on their facebook like children. Its frustrating more people than it is amping up.

This looks like the nitrate and phosphate version of the trident. Meanwhile coralvue just announced the Maven which will test all 5. That is an Apex killer.
The overall price for an A3 spec and both trident is pretty close to the comparable components from Coralvue. Also the overall community is the reason I chose Apex on my new build.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’m looking for an excuse to get away from Neptune. My Apex controller broke after a year and a half of use, and the tech told me the only fix was to buy the A3 and throw my A2 in the garbage. Offered me a deal of $300 USD for a new one….. criminal.
Apex is garbage and can GFT.

It likely didn’t break. It was likely their cheap clone sd card that failed. Easy fix. Still have it?

The overall price for an A3 spec and both trident is pretty close to the comparable components from Coralvue. Also the overall community is the reason I chose Apex on my new build.

Nope. I've compared. The Hydros is cheaper from scratch with better quality. I’m currently swapping over.

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It likely didn’t break. It was likely their cheap clone sd card that failed. Easy fix. Still have it?
Yep. Here is thread with the issue.

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nope. I've compared. The Hydros is cheaper from scratch with better quality. I’m currently swapping over.
Do you still have yours? I’m looking for one for parts to fix mine….

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it is not. I've watched their videos. Unless I missed one it isn't in there. People asked about that during their RAP live and they said it is 3 containers of reagents.

Please post your proof.
Yes. It is. Here is your proof. It’s 3 final reagents. But one you have to mix to activate.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes. It is. Here is your proof. It’s 3 final reagents. But one you have to mix to activate.

That is ZERO proof. As they said there are 3 bottles. All in the unit. And on those bottles in that video it quite literally says to "connect to pickup tube." They also said they will "neutralize waste to avoid using too much water" That video said nothing about mixing. Hmmm

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's quite possible someone is in breach of their NDA.

Some people just can't help themselves.

There is that. But there are also people saying things out of ignorance. The irony is that the product isn't out yet but people are saying a friend of a friends sister in law's third nephew who was born on the seventh day on the third year said it costs $1200.00 dollars.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There is that. But there are also people saying things out of ignorance. The irony is that the product isn't out yet but people are saying a friend of a friends sister in law's third nephew who was born on the seventh day on the third year said it costs $1200.00 dollars.

Well we 100% know the Trident NP cost. The Maven isn't expected to be more than $1200 according to Coralvue. That said the Trident and Trident NP cost about $1400 to do what the Maven does for $1200. And then you still need an Apex system. So the Maven wins.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's quite possible someone is in breach of their NDA.

Some people just can't help themselves.

You saw the 8 second video he tried to use as proof right? lol. Even if you have to mix that doesn't mean ABC reagents or someone else can't make the reagents. I did email with the owner of ABC reagents and was told they have no plans to do so. But that may change.

BiggestE22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we 100% know the Trident NP cost. The Maven isn't expected to be more than $1200 according to Coralvue. That said the Trident and Trident NP cost about $1400 to do what the Maven does for $1200. And then you still need an Apex system. So the Maven wins.
The maven is not a standalone system.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You saw the 8 second video he tried to use as proof right? lol. Even if you have to mix that doesn't mean ABC reagents or someone else can't make the reagents. I did email with the owner of ABC reagents and was told they have no plans to do so. But that may change.
Is ABC reagents the only people that are capable of making reagents?

Does mixing 2 together make it more difficult to reverse engineer?

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is ABC reagents the only people that are capable of making reagents?

Does mixing 2 together make it more difficult to reverse engineer?

I think they are the biggest. I know an LFS that a local makes them reagents too.

No idea. But I highly doubt it.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't look at it as who wins or loses. The whole thing will come down to the hobbyist. Nothing else. Not sure why it has to be one or the other.

I guess my point was that in multiple threads people are saying things that may, or may not, be true. Hobbyist will just have to wait and see once the information is released by either manufacture. Until then it is all speculation.

Do not mean to sound confrontational as that isn't the case. Just finding it odd on some of the posts. Not at your response if that makes sense.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't look at it as who wins or loses. The whole thing will come down to the hobbyist. Nothing else. Not sure why it has to be one or the other.

I guess my point was that in multiple threads people are saying things that may, or may not, be true. Hobbyist will just have to wait and see once the information is released by either manufacture. Until then it is all speculation.

Do not mean to sound confrontational as that isn't the case. Just finding it odd on some of the posts. Not at your response if that makes sense.

I get it. But at the price point if you don't have either controller you would be a fool not to get the Maven. I'm switching from an Apex and a trident because I'm tired of Neptune Systems.

Back