Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0073.jpeg

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They have been posting teaser videos on their facebook like children. Its frustrating more people than it is amping up.

This looks like the nitrate and phosphate version of the trident. Meanwhile coralvue just announced the Maven which will test all 5. That is an Apex killer.

OP
OP
RoanokeReef

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have been posting teaser videos on their facebook like children. Its frustrating more people than it is amping up.

This looks like the nitrate and phosphate version of the trident. Meanwhile coralvue just announced the Maven which will test all 5. That is an Apex killer.
I’ve seen them, terrible marketing, hopefully the $700 rumor is false because they shot themselves if it is. Now fingers crossed it’s a cheaper add on with an add on price as it wouldn’t make the original trident obsolete burning early adopters. An all in one unit would be great but this is a better option if the price is right.

Last edited:

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All Neptune is doing is taking the same hardware and changing the software. I mean really, make an all in one tester for the main 5 and stop being cheap with product development! Now we will need two big identical units next to each other?

Hydros is going to start taking their market share of the controller biz and make Neptune start working for it again.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why would it frustrate them? Just do what Frankie says and Relax.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve seen them, terrible marketing, hopefully the $700 rumor is false because they shot themselves if it is. Now fingers crossed it’s a cheaper add on with an add on price as it wouldn’t make the original trident obsolete burning early adopters. An all in one unit would be great but this is a better option if the price is right.

Ya. Too little too late. Coralvue announced already and it will make me switch over. Their are far more customer friendly compared to Neptune. Neptune just wants their money. Coralvue has literally gone to customer homes to help troubleshoot.

I expect Coralvue to announce launch dates tomorrow at 10am eastern on their stream. I’ll be making my orders asap.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just announced on the Neptune Page. A dedicated Trident NP and a DOS QuietDrive. DOS releasing in April and the Trident in May.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mean I can question two more tests that the trident spits out? Honestly haven’t had any consistency with Apex

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mean I can question two more tests that the trident spits out? Honestly haven’t had any consistency with Apex
I was having trouble and took mine apart and cleaned the cuvette and lines and it’s been working great and holding steady to my Hannah readings..

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really hoping this would be all 5. there goes the gype for me.
They are in a tough spot on this one. If they put out a unit that did all 5 then the old units will be obsolete immediately. Retailer stock would be valueless and the only way to appease the customers that own the current Trident would be to offer a trade in allowance for the old model.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sigh, its probably going to cost as much as a regular trident and you will need 2 of them.

Regular Trident + This one.
So 700 x 2 = 1400 which is about on par with a mastertronic and a reefbot lab.

I just hope ABC reagents has something for this new unit, because thats probably the only reason why id get one, and NOT invest a bit more for the new coralvue Maven, if i am going to end up spending $$$ on reagents anyhow.

But at least Coralvue will probably give us options unlike Neptune.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how it’s priced since there’s competition already in this market.. either way I wouldn’t buy it cause my Hannah works just fine and it’s very simple to use and cheap lol.. I don’t see any need to track n03 and p04 more than once a week… I don’t even test it unless my corals look funny.. that’s maybe once every 2 weeks and it’s always acceptable numbers so I quit pretty much.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Curious how it’s priced since there’s competition already in this market.. either way I wouldn’t buy it cause my Hannah works just fine and it’s very simple to use and cheap lol.. I don’t see any need to track n03 and p04 more than once a week… I don’t even test it unless my corals look funny.. that’s maybe once every 2 weeks and it’s always acceptable numbers so I quit pretty much.

There is no reason to test them daily. Weekly maybe. Alk is the only test that should be done daily.

That said Coralvue didn’t do themselves any favors today. Very vague podcast. It was actual awful and turned me off of them. I don’t need any of this wait and find out crap. I want a price and a launch quarter. Money isn’t an issue. I want to know if it is worth me swapping out all my Apex stuff(which I don’t trust much) to all hydros. Or should I just stick with the Apex and not switch over?

If the Maven is $2,000 and then I need another $2500 in stuff to do what my apex does I’m not switching over. But if the Maven comes in around $1000 I can justify the swap. But time is money too and swapping to a new system will be a massive time investment.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back