New used 90 gallon

JJ Ligs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a friend who used to have over 5000 gallons in tanks got out of the hobby about 5 years ago because of having twins and the upkeep being too much. He only kept a small 30 gallon tank and his custom 90 gallon Miracles Aquariums© starphire glass middle over flow tank and stand. He had sold everything else but wouldn't sell the 90 in hopes that he would be able to one day set it back up. Well he has given up on that hope and rather than sell it he wants us to have the 90 gallon so he knows "his dream tank" stays in the family. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with this brand before? I am worried about going to such a big tank as I keep 50 and bellow. I have not found much on the company as far as reviews but I could be not looking in the right places. any input is welcomed.

Last edited:

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, what does the tank look like? I don't have experience with the brand, so this post is meant more as a bump plus regular advice.

Bigger tank = supposedly less problems as long as you've whet your teeth on other tanks. You know the drill by now, you just have to stick with keeping things kosher. If it's starphire glass, that just means it's glass with a low iron content/glass that's been made with the express purpose of being exceptionally clear. I really wanted a starphire glass tank for a while...then realized I could buy so much more with the money left over from buying a regular tank.

OP
OP
JJ Ligs

JJ Ligs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I would never even think of spending the amount the Starphire tanks costs but this being free I couldn't pass it up. I mean I definitely can see the difference even dry between the glass on this and my other tanks for sure. I am in the middle of a reseal on it and I have to find a replacement overflow box but it is coming along. I am not rushing this as I want to set it up right the first time to last.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back