New Used Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Matt101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Matt101

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, brand new here but have been in the hobby about 8 months. I recently bought a tank waterbox 130.4 on marketplace and the silicone has some damage too it. I am curious is the damage some thing I need to be super worried about as it looks to me like it is from a razor blade and doesn’t go all the way through? I appreciate all the help and advice in advance.

Photos attached

IMG_5420.jpeg IMG_5421.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Hey hi and welcome to the saltier side!

I would use it.
But not sure for how long.

Happy Reefing !
 
I wonder if it would be possible to replace the silicone or if that would be too much work.
 
I appreciate all the responses! That is what I’m worried about getting like a year and then the leak starts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new