New version

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently, there is a new release today, but the release notes that it displays are in German. Can someone translate please?

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL has updated their servers for the myGHL website and app. It's supposed to increase performance and enable future planned capabilities.

It requires an updated WiFi firmware release available here: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/

Docs in the zip file are in German and English. From the changelog file in today's release:

Firmware-Version: 7515; release date: 2024-01-23
Webinterface-Version: 3.24.16; release date: 2023-10-09

# Changelog: WiFi-Module

# 7515
* Firmware performance optimizations

# 7202
* Updated wifi module firmware to optimize webinterface connections on iOS systems

# 7200
* Support for redesigned GHL Connect add-device-wizard

## 7141
* Local webinterface support for GHL Doser 2.2/MaxiDoser 2.2.
--- snip ----

Hope this is helpful.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My firmware update is taking an unusually long time. PC not responding when I try to cancel.
I did not update the control center prior to attempting the FW update. Could that be causing my problem? Or slow PC?

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My firmware update is taking an unusually long time. PC not responding when I try to cancel.
I did not update the control center prior to attempting the FW update. Could that be causing my problem? Or slow PC?
New GCC first, then update individual firmware for P4 then any additional devices.

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I started that process and the driver did not update (or whatever it’s supposed to do). On step 2 of the FW update, when I click “device manager” I do not see COM/LPT ports section.

I see at the bottom of the window that the driver may need to be updated manually. That’s beyond my knowledge level. Actually this whole FW update is

Any help updating my drive would be appreciated

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok I started that process and the driver did not update (or whatever it’s supposed to do). On step 2 of the FW update, when I click “device manager” I do not see COM/LPT ports section.

I see at the bottom of the window that the driver may need to be updated manually. That’s beyond my knowledge level. Actually this whole FW update is

Any help updating my drive would be appreciated
What kind of computer and what operating system is installed on it ? Does it meet the requirements?

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a pc dedicated to the ProfiLux. I purchased it just for this reason and was able to install the device about this time last year with the pc.

I started my own thread on this if you’d like to go there…wasn’t sure I’d get much help here on this thread

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't see the profilux in device manager than the computer isn't seeing it. You can run device manager directly from windows, the computer should see the profilux on the USB port - this is nothing to do with GCC. Try unplugging and plugging back in the USB cable into the computer. Does that maek it show up? You should see the profilux as COM15 or something like that (not necessarily 15).

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could very well do it. Couldn't hurt to reboot the profilux too. And are you sure that your USB cable is good? And that the USB port on the computer works? I use an old Windows laptop to do profilux updates, and only one of the 4 USB ports on it actually works.

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it make a sound when you plug in the USB cable? Are you looking under "COM and LPT Ports" (or something like that) in Device manager? If it makes a sound when you plug in the USB cable, then it is seeing the Profilux.

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to install the driver again after updating GCC

Now the ProfiLux FW is up to date but I need to figure out how to perform the other updates that were mentioned in this thread by Gaël

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I somehow figured it out. I don’t even know how I did it wow
Usually I fire up the computer. Plug in the P4 wait to hear the noise from the computer recognizing it, then open GCC. Seems to work every time. Also anytime I go to connect another peripheral device I unplug the usb, close GCC then plug the new device in, wait for the sound, open GCC again and connect.

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to install the driver again after updating GCC

Now the ProfiLux FW is up to date but I need to figure out how to perform the other updates that were mentioned in this thread by Gaël
A lot of posts crossing each other in this thread. Glad you figured it out! What else do you need to update?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back