New VorTech leak?!?!!?

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone on Flickr? A few of us found this today from a user named "ecospy".

Here is a link to the Flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130413509@N06/16431255886

16431255886_0a0efa6ec9_o.jpg

This, coming off the heals of the recent Reef Breeders article and the recent MP40wES price drop, could be what everyone was hinting to?

It looks all BLACK from this picture.... NICE!

Thoughts?

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ecospy! hahaha

Black controller is about I can tell that is different. Ecospy needs to get a little more courage to get closer...

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never owned vortechs, they've always been too much for me to spend. Not that I wouldn't mind em... Maybe in the future I can get some used first gen ones!

However, I love seeing competition on these pumps. Keeps everyone on their toes, which means we get to see more products (good or bad) and more innovation and more choices!

DARTMOOR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price drop came about a week after I bought my brand new MP40's , I was ******!!!

But can not be happier with my Ecotech vortices and radions. They really do take this hobby from a hobby to an obsession

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never owned vortechs, they've always been too much for me to spend. Not that I wouldn't mind em... Maybe in the future I can get some used first gen ones!

However, I love seeing competition on these pumps. Keeps everyone on their toes, which means we get to see more products (good or bad) and more innovation and more choices!

I'm sure you would be VERY pleased with VorTechs, both old and new. And who knows, maybe they are going to provide upgrade kits to the "Old" VorTechs? You could score a cheap pair and throw some new pieces on for cheap?!?

The price drop came about a week after I bought my brand new MP40's , I was ******!!!

But can not be happier with my Ecotech vortices and radions. They really do take this hobby from a hobby to an obsession

This happens to me ALL the time with electronics! But such is the nature of technology. Like I mentioned to zesty , maybe they'll provide some up-gradable features for those with "older" pumps??

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just wonder if the new mp40's will be at the same price as the current/older generation ($299). If they are, sign me up for a pair!

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wonder if the new mp40's will be at the same price as the current/older generation ($299). If they are, sign me up for a pair!

I would expect the new MP40 to return to the higher price point (happy to be wrong though). Also curious to see if here will be a MP60 replacement and some form of backwards comptability.

PCygni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the whole Ecotech bubble is bursting. Maybe some day they will lower the price of their glorified superglue from 50$ down to 25$. Simply astounding what people will pay for a 'name'.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the whole Ecotech bubble is bursting. Maybe some day they will lower the price of their glorified superglue from 50$ down to 25$. Simply astounding what people will pay for a 'name'.

We had the opportunity to test EcoTech's Coral Propagation Kit and provide feedback to ETM. The price point for the kit and its replacement prices were a big topic of discussion. We'll see if they take our criticism and make adjustments, but with a new product release on the horizon, I wouldn't think it would be at the forefront of priorities.

Randy
Ecotech Product Test Team

Stemick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it is quieter and they come out with Mp-10 to just not the Mp-40. I had Mp-10 before and one of them the older it got the louder it was. So at about 2 years of running it was just to loud for me. Took my chances on a the Jeabo pump if they least me longer then two years it worth it IMO. If they can get something that quiet and stays quiet it would be worth maybe spending more. Nice to see they are making new pumps.

:usa2: STEMICK :usa2:

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quiet drive? Considering my mp40s are actually the noisiest piece on my tank, quiet would be nice. But would I upgrade just for the noise factor...doubt it. Especially if the price goes back up.

Any idea if they are going to continue with the current version as well?

SCMatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If quiet is the only thing it gives me more than mine currently I see no reason to upgrade. I have no real problems with the noise on mine now that its a few years old and I'm running up to 100%, even sleep in the same room. I could see this being good going forward and the technology of quiet replacing the old to become standard, but not something a lot of us need to upgrade to because of it. I was hoping they would come out with something new design wise, something to match the Gyre in flow. But...its black! Meh. Believe me I want them to convince me, I like their products and currently use their products and they have for the most part stood the test of time apart from their prices. I just want to see it advance. And we don't fully know all the details yet so I could be totally off base here. But convince me EcoTech before I try out a Gyre!

Assuming quiet is the only new feature it reminds me of the new Canon camera release announced just a day or so ago. Crazy new camera but same lame sensor, is the upgrade really worth it? We'll see.

PCygni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had the opportunity to test EcoTech's Coral Propagation Kit and provide feedback to ETM. The price point for the kit and its replacement prices were a big topic of discussion. We'll see if they take our criticism and make adjustments, but with a new product release on the horizon, I wouldn't think it would be at the forefront of priorities.

Randy
Ecotech Product Test Team

The infidels have breached the walls. A reasonable price point is their new reality. ETM now -- finally! -- is having their 'priorities' dictated to them by the market.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quiet weekend to let some minds wander! :xd:

We should expect some more specific details later this week. I expect a few of these questions/thoughts should get cleared up.

Stay Tuned!

Randy
EcoTech Product Test Team

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 49.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back