OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any videos from EcoTech to be released or just waiting for ReefStock?

There's the one in this thread... :)

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/ec...-interview-tim-marks-ecotech.html#post2200507

To me, based on what has been stated we are seeing an evolution of the pump rather than a revolution. As for the gyre mode, comparing 4 pumps at $400+ each to a single pump at $300 might not be apples to apples. :).

I am still excited to see some much desired upgrades (more power and quieter).

Not to beat a dead horse (just extending good conversation:becky:), but we dug up this video of VorTech creating gyre-flow before gyre-flow was cool!

http://youtu.be/zh6Cz_H8Uhg

I just preordered a couple mp40's from Aquarium Specialty. I have a bad habit of jumping on the first product cycle without waiting for the kinks to be ironed out. With that said, does anyone foresee any issues that might come up with these, considering they are the first batch of new pumps?

YES!!! NICE! I'm sure you will be very well taken care of if there are any issues! But, that's just EcoTech. :)

I've been a big fan of mp's since they came out look like these will be in my next setup. Have two 40's for years with no problems

^^Same here!

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the video this morning. Interesting analogy provided for how they were able to silence the whirring sound. I am interested to see if there will be any heat/sustainability issues long term with the new driver. There have been a lot of people talking about the fall of EcoTech since the introduction of Jebao and then a while later the Gyre but with these improvements I don't see EcoTech having any problem keeping faithful customers and gaining some new ones.

sonnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the results of the sound test done on the new pumps.
MP40%20Comparison-_zpslbn9h7b5.png

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back