New Wavemaker

  • Thread starter Thread starter Top189h
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Top189h

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
46
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to replace my current loop pumps on my frag tank. It's a deep blue 2x2x1ft tank. I ran 2 loop 1050 pumps and one just powered down to the point that during cleaning it couldn't even restart on pulse mode.
I would absolutely love to replace them with a pump that has a dry side motor but I have zero interest in something with a cost like ecotech (I'm assuming 700 for two mp10s). Is there anything out there like this?
The second thing I am considering doing is running a couple of sicce voyagers with a controller/timer to turn them off and on. Is this foolish? I am assuming it may be hard on the pumps to do that.
 
Only 1 brand has the dry side motor and that is Ecotech. Nero 3 or Nero 5 is middle of the road and Jebao for the budget minded.
 
Ecotech has the patent on that technology for now, hence why they’re so expensive. I wouldn’t use them unless they were half the price.

I use Nero’s and they’re really nice. Work really well, no complaints.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new