New WiFi - cannot connect Apex Fusion

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaddyO NJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DaddyO NJ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2018
Messages
103
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently upgraded my WiFi and cannot get the Apex to connect.
So far,
1) I have pressed the reset "button" until the lights turned blue
2) connected my iphone to the Apex in wifi
3) saw prompt from Apex app on phone to "fix wifi error"
4) selected the 2.4ghz band when prompted by the app to choose
5) then i wait and wait and wait while the app says it
a) connecting to APEX, serial....
b) "Prepping your dashboard"

I also tried going to 172.16.1.0 with similar results.

What am I doing wrong????
 
typo.... meant to say 172.16.0.1
 
I had the same issue except when I reset the apex with a toothpick it connected. Maybe try it again?
 
Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I bought a used Apex and seem to having a similar problem. Won't connect to the network
 
Try disabling band steering on your wireless router. I had issues on my network so I created a SSID just for 2.4ghz devices, that doesn't have 5ghz channels. If disabling band steering allows it to connect you might want to do that too on your network. You could just disable band steering and leave it but then you might have other devices in your home connecting to 2.4ghz instead of the better 5ghz so you might get slower speeds, connection issues on other devices.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new