New wild acro RTN. Anything I can do?

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally if they aren't going from the base up /peeling and its limited to a branch or two
I like to cut out the affected branch/branchlets rather than chunking up, making the cut at least 1 cm into the healthy tissue/beyond the tissue recession line. Then seal up the cut with super glue.
Chunking up a already stressed colony can be the nail in the coffin sometimes.

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried my hand at a dd wild tenius, first one was almost dead when I got it, filed a claim and they made me right. Second was listed for an hour, nabbed it, but it too lasted only a week. The second one brought in some bug or disease which wiped out my other wild tenius which had been with me for a year, so disappointing. Lesson learned, stick with uniquecorals.com if you want a maricultured piece that's been in their system and healed. No experience with their full Mari pieces, but I'm apt to give them a benefit of the doubt because they're always fragging those pieces and I've gotten many of those to grow well.

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used my credit and went with an ORA maxi clam.
Next time I order a colony, it will probably be from unique corals. It does cost a little more, but worth it if it lives!

Back