New Year, New Tank? Reefing resolutions for the new year...

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on another successful orbit around the sun! The new year is fast upon us, and with it, the promise another year brings. As you sit and reflect on the last, and your hopes for the next (I cannot believe it is 2024. I mean, I swear that 1999 was just last week), I'd like to know if you have any reefing resolutions for 2024. Big or small, let's share them all!

I'll go first... This year, I resolve to stop chasing numbers.

Last edited:

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are lucky to be alive after the Y2k apocalypse!!!! The younger reefer won’t get that reference. My tank has finally reached the mature stability and I hope to help that continue through 2024. A lot of fragging ahead as Im just about out of real estate so I’ll try to keep my corals size contained. Happy New Year.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah - 20+ years of this reef has proven that I don't really keep up with anything. So, no... nope, no reefing resolutions. Plus, if the warden somehow sees I made one, she will have one more "you never finish what you say you will" arrow in the quiver.... So nope. Happy New Year, no resolutions.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah - 20+ years of this reef has proven that I don't really keep up with anything. So, no... nope, no reefing resolutions. Plus, if the warden somehow sees I made one, she will have one more "you never finish what you say you will" arrow in the quiver.... So nope. Happy New Year, no resolutions.
Gotta keep that quiver empty! How'd the pump hack go, btw?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave it 30 mins ran into a bunch of small issues...
ordered dinner from new chicken place so as not to have to cook tonight and give me time to write the BLE interface code...
From their menu
0 - Not Hot
1 - Hot
2 - Xtra Hot
3 - dang Hot
4 - Hot AF
5 - RIP

I figured they were wimps as most people who rate this stuff are - so I had the warden order me a 4, assuming if it was really Hot AF it would be good, but I could tone it down or just dabble in it. The old stomach doesn't do as well as it used to, even if there is no such thing as too hot. Well, she neglected to tell me that this was not sauce, but a rub fried onto the chicken... and proceeded to order away.

The chicken was amazing but really hot af... even by my standards. I am now insanely miserable and will not be writing any code this evening. So chances are it will never get done.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave it 30 mins ran into a bunch of small issues...
ordered dinner from new chicken place so as not to have to cook tonight and give me time to write the BLE interface code...
From their menu
0 - Not Hot
1 - Hot
2 - Xtra Hot
3 - dang Hot
4 - Hot AF
5 - RIP

I figured they were wimps as most people who rate this stuff are - so I had the warden order me a 4, assuming if it was really Hot AF it would be good, but I could tone it down or just dabble in it. The old stomach doesn't do as well as it used to, even if there is no such thing as too hot. Well, she neglected to tell me that this was not sauce, but a rub fried onto the chicken... and proceeded to order away.

The chicken was amazing but really hot af... even by my standards. I am now insanely miserable and will not be writing any code this evening. So chances are it will never get done.

If you are open to coding tips, I recommend Fritos and Mountain Dew.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are open to coding tips, I recommend Fritos and Mountain Dew.
Mountain Dew is the nectar of the gods... especially the real sugar version when it was around. Code red is lifeforce in a bottle.... It should come in IV bags, if we are being honest.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a cheetos fan so much... but the orange cultists among you will be happy to know that I do love Doritos and one of my favorite all time commercials is the warehouse finger cleaner.

"Billy! Use the cleaner"

"You ask too many questions Billy"

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, to have my tank full of life and coral this year, last year was just crazy for me so I felt like my tank got put on the backburner for most of the year.

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, to have my tank full of life and coral this year, last year was just crazy for me so I felt like my tank got put on the backburner for most of the year.
I only started mine late 2023, so I hope to have it filled with fish and corals by December 2024.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know that feeling all too well.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just put a deposit on a planet 150.
About friggin time, I've only been talking about it for 18 months.

Let's hope I don't win the IM 170 give away. LOL
Congrats. I own a Planet- you're gonna love the build quality.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resolutions not really hope to not fidget with it so much and just let it do its thing. The office tank will be getting a revamp in the spring maybe April ish.

Charles Zinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Learn more about the microbiome of reef tanks. When I listened to Certain Doctors re digestion I lost 65 lbs by doing nothing. If I can apply similar principles to reefing how much better will my corals be. Learn a easier way to remove bubble tip anenomies

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back