2023 recap and hopes for this new year

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s coming to the end of 2023 and into the new year of 2024. So, in this final week let’s discuss some of the best parts (and also some of the worst parts) of what has happened in your reef over the last year as well as what your hopes and visions are for the new year!

What big things happened in your reefs in 2023 and what are your visions for 2024?

IMG_8351.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swapped out a 90g tank for two 40g aio tanks. I started with one. But after I collected a mantis shrimp in the Florida Keys, I set up a second tank. I'm finding 40g aio tanks very easy to care for and maintain. The 2nd one is a homemade cube and has no fish, just corals (mostly sps & lps), anemones and some CUC including a coral banded shrimp (also from the Keys).

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worst part of the year was when I found out I had AEFW.

The best part of the year was when I finally figured out that the issues of my acros were because of a parasite eating their flesh alive.

I learned SO much through the process, and I‘m so glad I came out stronger than before.

@Sisterlimonpot I am forever grateful for you guiding me through that insane 6 week process.

@thatmanMIKEson Thank you so much for giving me the courage to rip off the bandaid to remove all the acros from the DT.

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been a wild year for me involving the hobby. This year has probably been one of the toughest years for me mentally/physically and everything else. I really started to let me tank maintenance go and thought about giving the hobby a break. Thankfully I got back on track and have my tank looking and running awesome again.

32.5 Fluval Flex, the best part was probably getting some quality lighting and upgrading pretty much every stock part.

2024, I plan on upgrading my flex and getting a few more inhabitants. I'm also starting a new build with a 13.5 Evo! I plan on making an in depth build thread as I'm planning on taking my time setting it up and getting every piece of equipment I want and doing it right the first time, along with making my first "custom" rockscape to benefit coral placement, instead of just stacking rocks like I usually do.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my lone wavemaker just locked up a few hours ago -- 2.5 year old AI Nero 5.
As luck would have it, I got an Aqamai KPS for Christmas that I was planning to add as a secondary to mix it up a bit.

...so just got done getting the tiny KPS pump working through the app to at least have some flow going.
*that's all that's on my mind right this second

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back