New zoa frag with aptasia!

CudaScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Pic up a zoa frag this past weekend and once in the tank I see it has aptasia in it. I have no other aptasia in my tank so how to do I get rid of it from my frag?
5E0911F3-CA00-459D-BD1A-A9A062481728.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

ScottR

Surfing somewhere.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Either that or f-aiptasia. I’ve seen many success stories with both
+1 f-aiptasia. I saw a BRS video that said that aiptasia-x actually spreads aiptasia. Also, did that feather duster come with it? Pretty wild piece. Also, can look into peppermint shrimp. Need to get the right type. Some eat aiptasia. But some may eat corals too.

OP
CudaScott

CudaScott

View Badges
Reaction score
thanks for the help everyone i will purchase some F aptasia asap and yes the feather duster
came with the frag,

ScottR

Surfing somewhere.....
View Badges
Reaction score
thanks for the help everyone i will purchase some F aptasia asap and yes the feather duster
came with the frag,
That's a good sized FD actually. If only they ate aiptasia.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just rebooted my 150 thanks to aptasia that got out of control. I'd be tempted to chuck the whole thing, but that's magnified by lots of PVC glue. I would, however, suggest removing the entire frag and plug and placing them into a small container for hitting with kalk paste, Aptasia X, or one of the many other solid options out there. This will help reduce the likelihood of it spreading in your tank when you treat it.

OP
CudaScott

CudaScott

View Badges
Reaction score
breadman,
that’s an excellent idea on using a separate container thanks!

TooTall

View Badges
Reaction score
Another option that I’ve been successful with....hold frag under a running kitchen faucet, scrap aptasia off....wear eye protection....

Tide Pool Aquatics
Cultivated Reef