New

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com
 
Hello, I’m basically new to all this I’ve only had freshwater fishes and now I’m moving onto saltwater fish and i basically want to learn more and learn and make sure I basically don’t mess up to much I already have a 8 gallon tank running with live rock and Live sand and it’s been running for 2 weeks now but I was wondering what I could do to make sure I could move onto the next step
Thank you
Welcome to R2R!!
 
Hello, I’m basically new to all this I’ve only had freshwater fishes and now I’m moving onto saltwater fish and i basically want to learn more and learn and make sure I basically don’t mess up to much I already have a 8 gallon tank running with live rock and Live sand and it’s been running for 2 weeks now but I was wondering what I could do to make sure I could move onto the next step
Thank you

Welcome! Glad you joined

+1 vote test for ammonia to ensure your cycle is done; you may rarely test ammonia ever again in that tank. Testing it to ensure cycle is complete. If your ammonia is over and your nitrates are up, then you are ready for your first water change.

If you aren't ready to add your first tank inhabitant, you might want to do periodic tiny feedings to keep your ammonia > nitrite > nitrate cycle going in your 8 gallon tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new