Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m basically new to all this I’ve only had freshwater fishes and now I’m moving onto saltwater fish and i basically want to learn more and learn and make sure I basically don’t mess up to much I already have a 8 gallon tank running with live rock and Live sand and it’s been running for 2 weeks now but I was wondering what I could do to make sure I could move onto the next step
Thank you
Welcome to R2R!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m basically new to all this I’ve only had freshwater fishes and now I’m moving onto saltwater fish and i basically want to learn more and learn and make sure I basically don’t mess up to much I already have a 8 gallon tank running with live rock and Live sand and it’s been running for 2 weeks now but I was wondering what I could do to make sure I could move onto the next step
Thank you

Welcome! Glad you joined

+1 vote test for ammonia to ensure your cycle is done; you may rarely test ammonia ever again in that tank. Testing it to ensure cycle is complete. If your ammonia is over and your nitrates are up, then you are ready for your first water change.

If you aren't ready to add your first tank inhabitant, you might want to do periodic tiny feedings to keep your ammonia > nitrite > nitrate cycle going in your 8 gallon tank

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.6%
Back