Newbi Question

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
2,033
Reaction score
1,321
Location
D'Iberville Mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my wife a Nikon DSLR camera, she really likes the picture taking hobby. All of her past cameras have been for the most part point and shoot cameras, not the case with this new camera, she is basically starting from scratch and having to learn all about her new camera and the photo taking hobby. What all this means is, I :snicker: am also having to learn this hobby also to help explain to her what all this info we are learning means. She/We are watching just about every You Tube video we can lay our hands on about our camera and the how to's of picture taking. We are at the point where we are learning shooting pics in the raw or JPG. The videos I have looked at say that shooting in the raw is best (well, maybe not best, but gives you more options with your pics) but that you need to edit the raw pics in your computer, which brings me to my question of the day. There are several programs for doing this Adobe Light room, Photo Shop and several others. Is one more user friendly than the others, which one should I be looking at getting? Thanks for your time and I am sure :squigglemouth: more questions to come.
 
I don't know too much about photography though my sister is a wedding photographer and I know for a fact that she does a lot in raw and she uses a MAC to edit her photo's. I've been told they're hands down the best for photo's but adobe is a program I've always used, you could look into corel photoshops but they can be VERY pricey.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new