Newbie, 29g coralife tank

Averysamgrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyy All,
New to the hobby and starting up my first tank peice by peice

Tank I bought was the Coralife LED fish only Marine kit , came with the led lights, a coralife 30g Marine filter with protein skimmer and a heater

I got 40lbs of live sand and just bought my first live rock today (4lbs)

I'm hoping to go one piece at a time, will that affect my cycle

15476829123351790848881113312308.jpg

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef !!!
Adding one piece at a time is going to keep stalling the cycle, it’s better to get it all at once and the start. Nothing can be rushed in this hobby.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's a rather poor looking piece of LR for $10 pound. You can get TBS live rock (the best LR IMO) for $5 per pound. This doesn't count shipping, but if you live within driving distance of Tampa bay, or in FL, shipping is free to much cheaper.

I would take to the interwebs, and order dry rock on line. It will be much cheaper. Be sure to cure it before adding it to your tank. That is a rather simple process. BRS has some great videos on the subject

OP
OP
Averysamgrey

Averysamgrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's a rather poor looking piece of LR for $10 pound. You can get TBS live rock (the best LR IMO) for $5 per pound. This doesn't count shipping, but if you live within driving distance of Tampa bay, or in FL, shipping is free to much cheaper.

I would take to the interwebs, and order dry rock on line. It will be much cheaper. Be sure to cure it before adding it to your tank. That is a rather simple process. BRS has some great videos on the subject

I live in Ontario, I'm definitely trying to research as much as possible for where to get better rock

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please don't get scammed by any local fish store, especially if they are known for just selling the shirt of their back , you can go to marinedepot.com or bulkreefsupply.com they have great prices and some of the best leasers in the trade ! I just bought 100lbs of reefsaver rock. I just got back into the hobby and always used BRS marco rock. anywhere form 2-2.99$ a pound! also if you want the other stuff that is :live rock: pest free and bee cycling with saltwater. they have that too but its man made and great reefrock which is 6.99$ a pound as well! patients is key with this hobby and im so anxious and don't even have my tank yet! comes in a week! .

Fishy_mcfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that Ontario California or are you in Canada? If you’re in Cali I have some rock you can have for free

Stanzo13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to remember you just to see your tank every 6 months, you wouldn't believe how much will change

Back