Newbie Aussie living in Czech

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Thanks for having me and I'm really impressed with this forum.

30 years ago when I was a kid we got a marine tank but it didn't work out. Now I'm missing the ocean (I grew up in Sydney always catching fish and octopus and stuff in the rockpools) and now I have decided to build a reef tank.

I will post about my project somewhere else - I have a really tight budget so I am just going to take my time. We have boys (7 & 2.5) who share a room - it's time to design the room so I am thinking of using a 1.5m (5') long tank to make a peninsula - and sort of design the room.

I've been watching heaps of stuff on youtube (especially BRS TV including the whole 52 week series).

I feel like there are going to be a lot of issues along the way but the kids will enjoy the whole process and, as I think it will be several months before we introduce the first frags, they may learn patience.

Thanks so much (and if anyone in here lives in Brno or close (Vienna) let me know so can I ask questions like best suppliers etc.

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Please ask away, things have change and one can actually have a beautiful reef in there home.

OP
OP
Sunny Goold

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Please ask away, things have change and one can actually have a beautiful reef in there home.
Thanks Jsker! I will ask away. I am working on plans for my project now and have heaps of questions - which I am trying to find answers for. I think after watching heaps of BRS I probably need to work out my goals and system for attaining them and then try to focus on the stability of the tank.
When I get the tank I will start a post on my project - like photos, my design, the main method I want to use, negatives that are going to hold me back and I will post there about my concerns and questions. I don't know if other reefers will read it so I will probably ask questions in other relevant posts and post to my project.
If that's not a good idea / doesn't really fit with how you do things please let me know. I think by doing it this way it will help me to be consistent.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jsker! I will ask away. I am working on plans for my project now and have heaps of questions - which I am trying to find answers for. I think after watching heaps of BRS I probably need to work out my goals and system for attaining them and then try to focus on the stability of the tank.
When I get the tank I will start a post on my project - like photos, my design, the main method I want to use, negatives that are going to hold me back and I will post there about my concerns and questions. I don't know if other reefers will read it so I will probably ask questions in other relevant posts and post to my project.
If that's not a good idea / doesn't really fit with how you do things please let me know. I think by doing it this way it will help me to be consistent.

I would suggest posting is your build thread and starting a thread in the relevant forum for your question. This way if you have followers to your build the alert will pop up in there alerts and also have the question out there for the general members will get more answers.;)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy.gif

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an AWESOME welcome Crabs! I must say living here close to Austria I often I have to give a little extra info so they realise I am an Aussie ;)
I won't lie, I have been waiting forever to use that G'day mate gif to someone from Austria.
To those of you who don't know what I'm referring to i'll include the scene from the movie dumb and dumber that i'm referencing :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back