13   0   0
welcome33.gif

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Thought I’d finally introduce myself after lurking on these forums for a year. My name is Chrissy and I’m from the Pittsburgh area. I’ve been in the fish-keeping hobby for 6ish years now, but up until this point I’ve only had small freshwater tanks. For the past year or two, I’ve been planning my first saltwater tank. It’s going to be a 4ft, 150 gallon seahorse and fish mixed reef tank. A bit ambitious for a newbie, I know, but I like a challenge. Plus, I feel about as prepared as I can be with all the research I’ve been doing.

Excited to finally start setting it up so I can share it with all of you! I’m sure I’ll be posting a ton of questions, so I appreciate any help I can get! Also, curious how many of you are from around this area :)
Hi Chrissy and welcome to r2r
Feel Free to ask as many questions as needed . We’re all here to help .
We also all love pictures

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I definitely will. I’m midway through the BRStv 52 Weeks of Reefing series, and I feel like I have more questions than answers now :face-with-tears-of-joy: (mainly about lighting)
And this is only the beginning …
There will always be more questions but to take your time and tackle one obstacle at a time .
If you’re confused feel free to ask questions in appropriate thread places .

OP
OP
chrissylulz

chrissylulz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Newbie here! I set up a 10 gallon fresh water tank 2 weeks ago and just added ADF, snails amd ghost shrimp and within 2 days my ghost shrimp died. Everything else (including water test) is good but I need some cleaners and other shrimp are too small. Any ideas? More ghost shrimp from petsmart? Thanks
Did you drip acclimate them? Shrimp can be finicky, although ghost shrimp are normally pretty hardy. I’d go with amano shrimp, personally. They’re a similar size, maybe even bigger, and they’re great cleaners.

OP
OP
chrissylulz

chrissylulz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I'd tell you how great everyone is here but you probably already know that. I've got a 4ft 120g that I'm doing a mixed reef in. Love the bigger 4ft aquariums

Pittsburgh Penguins Sport GIF by Sealed With A GIF
Yes! So much useful information here. And I couldn’t agree more about the bigger volume 4ft tanks. I don’t have a lot of room, so they’re perfect. Do you have pictures of your tank? I’d love to see it.

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

Last edited:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone! Thought I’d finally introduce myself after lurking on these forums for a year. My name is Chrissy and I’m from the Pittsburgh area. I’ve been in the fish-keeping hobby for 6ish years now, but up until this point I’ve only had small freshwater tanks. For the past year or two, I’ve been planning my first saltwater tank. It’s going to be a 4ft, 150 gallon seahorse and fish mixed reef tank. A bit ambitious for a newbie, I know, but I like a challenge. Plus, I feel about as prepared as I can be with all the research I’ve been doing.

Excited to finally start setting it up so I can share it with all of you! I’m sure I’ll be posting a ton of questions, so I appreciate any help I can get! Also, curious how many of you are from around this area :)
Welcome and enjoy the seahorses! Glad you've decided to join us!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back