Newbie from Sydney

ThisAntHill

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
52
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G'day!

My name is Anthony and I live in the northwest of Sydney. I've been interesting in reef keeping for years now and recently dove in with an AquaOne Mini Reef 160.

The tank is currently cycling (with two king prawn heads - old school, so I've been told). I noticed today the protein skimmer was finally getting something other than white bubbles in the cup so (I think) something's going right.

I wouldn't mind some feedback on the reefscape - you can find a video here:



I was planning on stocking with some(3-5) blue/green chromis, a clown or two, a flame hawkfish, a valentini puffer and maybe a yellow tang plus the usual CUC. I'm still a bit unsure as where to start with coral, I could probably do with a little advice there too. ;)

Thanks for having me!
AntHill.

20200421_144916.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R! I would add more rock personally :)
Wtr2r25.gif
 
Welcome from another fellow Aussie !

I started with an AO Mini Reef 160 myself after having freshwater tank. Be prepared to upgrade that skimmer, I had a terrible time with mine and couldn't believe the difference once I upgraded.
 
Hey welcome, I'm a newbie in Sydney too, I have a aquareef 300 its been going for 3ish months now with some coral in it (like the one in my profile pic) I can hook you up with a frag or two. Just message me. Maybe we could help each other with this hobby?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new