newbie here

littleferris68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! new to the forms and it asked for an introduction so..here it is!

I've got a 55g with a clown and a purple dottyback. Wasn't checking Alk and all my corals died and made the tank params a mess. caused ammonia spike, killed some fish and CUC...it's recovered and i'll be running this as a fish only tank because i'm setting up additional tanks (this way i can get non-reef-safe fish for my "main" tank). tank is ~6 months old but the parameter fluctuation set me back a ways. HOB filter, no sump/no fuge.

I've got a 10g with 2 clowns. Currently have 2 acans, zoa frag with ~8 pollps, and a duncan. Tank is about 3 months old.

I've got a 2.5g I will be setting up as a pico coral/crab/shrimp tank. I'm going to be converting an old 10g breeder into a sump for the 10g and 2.5g tanks.

I've got an old 50g and a 40g breeder. I'm going to be converting the 40g breeder into a sump for the 50g.

Started with one, and within 6 months i'm not working on 4! man oh man is this hobby addicting.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! new to the forms and it asked for an introduction so..here it is!

I've got a 55g with a clown and a purple dottyback. Wasn't checking Alk and all my corals died and made the tank params a mess. caused ammonia spike, killed some fish and CUC...it's recovered and i'll be running this as a fish only tank because i'm setting up additional tanks (this way i can get non-reef-safe fish for my "main" tank). tank is ~6 months old but the parameter fluctuation set me back a ways. HOB filter, no sump/no fuge.

I've got a 10g with 2 clowns. Currently have 2 acans, zoa frag with ~8 pollps, and a duncan. Tank is about 3 months old.

I've got a 2.5g I will be setting up as a pico coral/crab/shrimp tank. I'm going to be converting an old 10g breeder into a sump for the 10g and 2.5g tanks.

I've got an old 50g and a 40g breeder. I'm going to be converting the 40g breeder into a sump for the 50g.

Started with one, and within 6 months i'm not working on 4! man oh man is this hobby addicting.
I will agree, the hobby is madly and expensively addicting! LOL

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back