newbie here

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! new to the forms and it asked for an introduction so..here it is!

I've got a 55g with a clown and a purple dottyback. Wasn't checking Alk and all my corals died and made the tank params a mess. caused ammonia spike, killed some fish and CUC...it's recovered and i'll be running this as a fish only tank because i'm setting up additional tanks (this way i can get non-reef-safe fish for my "main" tank). tank is ~6 months old but the parameter fluctuation set me back a ways. HOB filter, no sump/no fuge.

I've got a 10g with 2 clowns. Currently have 2 acans, zoa frag with ~8 pollps, and a duncan. Tank is about 3 months old.

I've got a 2.5g I will be setting up as a pico coral/crab/shrimp tank. I'm going to be converting an old 10g breeder into a sump for the 10g and 2.5g tanks.

I've got an old 50g and a 40g breeder. I'm going to be converting the 40g breeder into a sump for the 50g.

Started with one, and within 6 months i'm not working on 4! man oh man is this hobby addicting.
Welcome!

Glad you joined

stewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome
finding nemo fish GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! new to the forms and it asked for an introduction so..here it is!

I've got a 55g with a clown and a purple dottyback. Wasn't checking Alk and all my corals died and made the tank params a mess. caused ammonia spike, killed some fish and CUC...it's recovered and i'll be running this as a fish only tank because i'm setting up additional tanks (this way i can get non-reef-safe fish for my "main" tank). tank is ~6 months old but the parameter fluctuation set me back a ways. HOB filter, no sump/no fuge.

I've got a 10g with 2 clowns. Currently have 2 acans, zoa frag with ~8 pollps, and a duncan. Tank is about 3 months old.

I've got a 2.5g I will be setting up as a pico coral/crab/shrimp tank. I'm going to be converting an old 10g breeder into a sump for the 10g and 2.5g tanks.

I've got an old 50g and a 40g breeder. I'm going to be converting the 40g breeder into a sump for the 50g.

Started with one, and within 6 months i'm not working on 4! man oh man is this hobby addicting.
Welcome to R2R!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back