OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost your old thread awhile back! Forgot all about it as I forgot to subscribe:( I saw this title a second ago and it triggered deja vu! Glad to see that you aren't giving up and I look forward to seeing it all work out for you! Hitting subscribe bottom now

Thanks, will picking up my rock and tank this weekend and let the cycling begin!:)

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there sticky on mixing your own salt water, trying to figure out how to set up something in my garage, figure I only need a small set up since it is a small tank(thought I saw one a while back and can't find it now)?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there sticky on mixing your own salt water, trying to figure out how to set up something in my garage, figure I only need a small set up since it is a small tank(thought I saw one a while back and can't find it now)?

What I do is use a sterilite container; they come in all different shapes & sizes. You'll need a pump and heater, but basically you just mix salt with RODI in there. The containers come with a tight lid to keep contaminants out. If your garage is close enough to the tank, you can buy some vinyl tubing (from a hardware store) to run from the pump to your tank (so you don't have to lug buckets.)

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I do is use a sterilite container; they come in all different shapes & sizes. You'll need a pump and heater, but basically you just mix salt with RODI in there. The containers come with a tight lid to keep contaminants out. If your garage is close enough to the tank, you can buy some vinyl tubing (from a hardware store) to run from the pump to your tank (so you don't have to lug buckets.)
Thank you sir!!! Think I might have to do it, no LFS close to me ... one would wonder why I can't find a reliable store close to me ... I live in South Florida for the love of goodness!!!!:confused:

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir!!! Think I might have to do it, no LFS close to me ... one would wonder why I can't find a reliable store close to me ... I live in South Florida for the love of goodness!!!!:confused:
South Florida and no lfs??!! Unheard of. It would seem to me that south Florida should be nothing but a lfs.

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WooooHoooo! Will getting my tank back to today!!!! Will post pics later, just cleaned my sand, will be mixing some CaribSea Fiji Pink and CaribSea Aragonite ... all cleaned and ready to go!!!

IMG_2367.JPG

Special shout out to my 'Fish Boyfriend' ... wouldn't have started again without!!!!

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
South Florida and no lfs??!! Unheard of. It would seem to me that south Florida should be nothing but a lfs.
I mean they have a some in Miami and while I am close to that area, I believe that the last fish I bought from Miami is the one that started all my problems in my last tank ... the key word is 'reliable'!! LOL :confused:

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean they have a some in Miami and while I am close to that area, I believe that the last fish I bought from Miami is the one that started all my problems in my last tank ... the key word is 'reliable'!! LOL :confused:
Ah! I missed that haha. Just go down to the docks and what not to catch some fish and qt them. I used to do that when it was warm out

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! Awesome
LOL ... yeah, every time I would come from the kitchen to check on them they would look over as to say to me ... 'Thought you were bringing us a snack'!!!!

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL ... yeah, every time I would come from the kitchen to check on them they would look over as to say to me ... 'Thought you were bringing us a snack'!!!!
Haha! My younger brother used to have some as well as chameleons and a few other odds and ends. Always funny to watch them just "hang out" lol

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMO; it's best/cheaper just to buy an RODI unit and make your own water. A lot of LFS sell sketchy water anyway.

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! My younger brother used to have some as well as chameleons and a few other odds and ends. Always funny to watch them just "hang out" lol
They are my son's ... but I have gotten so attached to them!!! ;)
They are leash trained and go for daily walks and are rotten to the core!!!:D

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO; it's best/cheaper just to buy an RODI unit and make your own water. A lot of LFS sell sketchy water anyway.
I bought an ATO and plan on buying an RODI unit ... so I guess I should just make my own salt water too!

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are my son's ... but I have gotten so attached to them!!! ;)
They are leash trained and go for daily walks and are rotten to the core!!!:D
Hahahaha! That sounds funny. Ours just went on adventures throughout the house. I used to have two flying squirrels and the lived in my room and in each corner of the room I had fake trees that they would glide in and out of and they're cage stayed open. Too bad their life span isn't that long. They passed after 4 years. I found them as babies and they had fallen from they're nest way up

IdahoNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely following, I'm part of the Biocube club as well, it will be 10 weeks old tomorrow. Question about your skimmer, what is that small piece of square plastic on the bottom, on the "tank" side?

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely following, I'm part of the Biocube club as well, it will be 10 weeks old tomorrow. Question about your skimmer, what is that small piece of square plastic on the bottom, on the "tank" side?
Hoping to add sand, rock and water today! Yeehawwww!!!

That is a magnet to hold in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%

Back