OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Nice cube and another coming! You'll be upgrading to a 300DD before you know it.

Thank you!
Thanks so much for the laugh! A tank that big would send my OCD into over drive at this point!

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes!
You all are soooo helpful!!!

I have the following in my shopping cart at Doctor Fosters ... Before I pull the trigger is there anything else I might need(they are having a friends and family sale that ends tonight)?

Salifert pH Test Kit 50 Tests
Salifert Carbonate Hardness/Alkalinity Test Kit 100-200 Tests
Salifert Calcium Profi Test Kit 50-100 Tests
Salifert Magnesium Test Kit 50 Tests
PhosPure® Pads 15" x 30" x 1/2"
AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115 Mini Skimmer 115
Seachem Prime 100 ml

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, I am really enjoying your thread as i have and am expierencing many of the things you are. Decisions decisions. Btw have you found your fire fish? Mine likes to hid in my red dragon algae that I have in my display tank as I think it is beautiful, but I was very nervous when I first got him. Sad to say I have lost several clowns, jumpers, so make sure to keep the top on, very sad, lost my black ice clown yesterday:( so I am going from an 8 gallon to a 30 gallon and that's an all nother thread here, lol. Looking forward to reading more.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes!
You all are soooo helpful!!!

I have the following in my shopping cart at Doctor Fosters ... Before I pull the trigger is there anything else I might need(they are having a friends and family sale that ends tonight)?

Salifert pH Test Kit 50 Tests
Salifert Carbonate Hardness/Alkalinity Test Kit 100-200 Tests
Salifert Calcium Profi Test Kit 50-100 Tests
Salifert Magnesium Test Kit 50 Tests
PhosPure® Pads 15" x 30" x 1/2"
AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115 Mini Skimmer 115
Seachem Prime 100 ml

If you get a ALK tester get the Hanna, http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=31950
You also need a Po4 checker, http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=31949
and at last a No3 test kit, http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23769

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much any reef site. Reefs2go, reef cleaners, saltwater.com. almost anywhere. This is my fuge so you get an idea of what your looking for. It has 9 types of macro

20160108_113224.jpg

Ok, are these the correct one ....

http://www.reefs2go.com/product/MAC-TREE-REDGRAPE/Live-Saltwater-Red-Grape-Tree.html

I didn't find a red fern or the red titan.

And I just put this in my display area?

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, I am really enjoying your thread as i have and am expierencing many of the things you are. Decisions decisions. Btw have you found your fire fish? Mine likes to hid in my red dragon algae that I have in my display tank as I think it is beautiful, but I was very nervous when I first got him. Sad to say I have lost several clowns, jumpers, so make sure to keep the top on, very sad, lost my black ice clown yesterday:( so I am going from an 8 gallon to a 30 gallon and that's an all nother thread here, lol. Looking forward to reading more.

Thank You!!!

Yes, decisions and more decisions ... money and more money at this point ... Goodness!!!

No, I haven't found my firefish!!! I mean it is like he just disappeared!!! This is the first lost fish!!!
Everything else seems to be ok so really not sure what happened you would think if he died I would
see some pieces of something?! But maybe the the peppermint and sally got him over night.
Awwwww sorry to hear about your black, I am pretty sure what mine are too!
While my little gobies are my favorite the clowns are sooo cute and I love how when the light hits the white it looks orange.

kendavjac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r. Loved my biocube. I have had a 55g, 60g, 40g, 125g (current tank), and my 29 cube. The cube was up and running 5+ years (took it down 2 weekends ago) and one of my favorites.

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ok, I have added all that to the cart (hubby might kill me)!!

I have ordered the Milwaukee Instruments Seawater Digital Refractometer Seawater Digital Refractometer and waiting on that to come should be tomorrow!!

Thanks sooo much for all the input! I guess I am lucky without all this stuff I have only managed to lose the 1 fish!

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r. Loved my biocube. I have had a 55g, 60g, 40g, 125g (current tank), and my 29 cube. The cube was up and running 5+ years (took it down 2 weekends ago) and one of my favorites.

Thank you!!
Whew that is a lot of tanks!!
Seems to be the trend ... bigger then bigger and bigger!

Think I will just make this tank the best I can and learn and revisit sitting up the other biocube or going bigger in about 6 months or so!!

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a grape tree yes. It won't root into everything and be a pain. They do get big though. You can see in this pic why the caulerpas are a pain. They get in everything. They are the green in the tree.

That

20151223_145320-1.jpg

Thank You!
Ok, seems out of stock but setup a email alert and will order when I get notification.
So, I just put somewhere in the tank in the display?
I don't need to do anything special?
I only run my lights about 5 hours a day (stock biocube lighting) is that enough?
Will I need to trim it back?
Do I need to order this too - Amphipods & Copepods?

Ok, that is all I can think of ... Sorry!

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot of people keep macros in a display. It is done but not often. Most have another area. Just weigh it down so it does not float around. You can clip it anywhere you want. As it gets bigger it will have lots of branchs. You can just pull some off. Pods are great cleaners and fish food. Always a great addition

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more light the more it will grow. Any light should be ok. I'm not familiar with bio cube lighting. But I'm sure its fine

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot of people keep macros in a display. It is done but not often. Most have another area. Just weigh it down so it does not float around. You can clip it anywhere you want. As it gets bigger it will have lots of branchs. You can just pull some off. Pods are great cleaners and fish food. Always a great addition
Last question for tonight ...

I do have the intank media chaeto basket and the Nano Glow Magnet Rear Mount Refugium LED (I never used because someone told me not to do Chaeto), so should I just put the algae in there and put in the back next to the Intank Media rack or go ahead and get the http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23603?

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following! I like your choice of inhabitants.

Thank You!
Yes, they are too cute!!! Love how they learned to recognize me!
When the hubby or son walks by they just continue about their business but if I come by they get all crazy ... their like ohhhh that's the lady who feeds up!! Gobies will perch their selves up on rocks and just give be cutest little look!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back