Newbie question, regarding Ro/Di systems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bmw015
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bmw015

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2018
Messages
273
Reaction score
135
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is a Ro Buddy good enough or should I get an Ro/Di system?
 
Is a Ro Buddy good enough or should I get an Ro/Di system?
I think you will be happiest and most successful with an RODI system. I’ve used spectrapure for 20 ish years and highly recommend them. If your tap water is really good, you may be able to get away with just RO. Do yourself a big favor and buy a hand held a TDS meter for about $20 and check your tap water a TDS.
 
If they were good enough everybody would use them—not that I know what an “RO Buddy” is. I use a 6-stage RODI system myself because my municipal water system is very high in TDS (~350) and chloramine.
 
I think you will be happiest and most successful with an RODI system. I’ve used spectrapure for 20 ish years and highly recommend them. If your tap water is really good, you may be able to get away with just RO. Do yourself a big favor and buy a hand held a TDS meter for about $20 and check your tap water a TDS.

Great idea on the tds meter. Thanks for the recommendation.
 
This one is for sale on Letgo for $75. Is that ok? https://spectrapure.com/RO-RODI/RODI-SYSTEMS/MaxPureMPDI-90-GPD-RODI-System

Has a manufacture date of 3/2016.

yes. it only has one di cartridge as opposed to two. and no tds meters. it would work but it will be a pain to test your tds by hand. testing the tds at different stages is important because it tells you when to replace the di and membrane. having one di cartridge instead of two means you’ll be replacing it more often.
 
yes. it only has one di cartridge as opposed to two. and no tds meters. it would work but it will be a pain to test your tds by hand. testing the tds at different stages is important because it tells you when to replace the di and membrane. having one di cartridge instead of two means you’ll be replacing it more often.

Thank you so much for your help!!
 
I use the Aquatic Life products. Downside is they have custom cartridges, upsides are they are simple and have a good range of accessories. Quality product.
 
I use the Aquatic Life products. Downside is they have custom cartridges, upsides are they are simple and have a good range of accessories. Quality product.

Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new