Newbie questions and help

chrisdafish70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

I upgraded my fluval 13.5 to a SCA 50g earlier last year. Everything is doing great, all my coral seem happy, and haven't lost any fish. But I do have some general questions and would like to hear your opinions on them.

Current coral stock: Rock Flower nem, GSP, Xenia, zoa's, flower pot coral, Florida Ricordea, Blasto, Toadstool Leather, Frogspawn, Acan, Chalice and a Bird Nest

1. I had a AI Prime 16hd on my fluval and I am still using it on my new tank. Do you think I need another light or upgrade to something better?

2. I'm just trying to get my flow right for all my coral, especially my frogspawn I recently got. I currently have 1 wave maker, the Jebao OW. I have been playing with it's setting and placement in my tank. Currently it's on the back right wall, underneath the one nozzle. Do I need another wave maker or should I upgrade one?

3. Coral placement I need help with. I am just not sure where to put my frogspawn. It's currently getting random flow, but it hasn't really expanded. I am also not sure where to put my chalice since it is my first one I ever owned.

I have attached pictures of my tank, any suggestions would be awesome!

PXL_20220114_000606350.jpg PXL_20220114_000546452.jpg PXL_20220114_000553065.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

I upgraded my fluval 13.5 to a SCA 50g earlier last year. Everything is doing great, all my coral seem happy, and haven't lost any fish. But I do have some general questions and would like to hear your opinions on them.

Current coral stock: Rock Flower nem, GSP, Xenia, zoa's, flower pot coral, Florida Ricordea, Blasto, Toadstool Leather, Frogspawn, Acan, Chalice and a Bird Nest

1. I had a AI Prime 16hd on my fluval and I am still using it on my new tank. Do you think I need another light or upgrade to something better?

2. I'm just trying to get my flow right for all my coral, especially my frogspawn I recently got. I currently have 1 wave maker, the Jebao OW. I have been playing with it's setting and placement in my tank. Currently it's on the back right wall, underneath the one nozzle. Do I need another wave maker or should I upgrade one?

3. Coral placement I need help with. I am just not sure where to put my frogspawn. It's currently getting random flow, but it hasn't really expanded. I am also not sure where to put my chalice since it is my first one I ever owned.

I have attached pictures of my tank, any suggestions would be awesome!

PXL_20220114_000606350.jpg PXL_20220114_000546452.jpg PXL_20220114_000553065.jpg
Prime should work. Lower height for more coverage. Set powerhead to a moderate flow in which coral are swaying and not waving in a hula dance motion

OP
OP
C

chrisdafish70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prime should work. Lower height for more coverage. Set powerhead to a moderate flow in which coral are swaying and not waving in a hula dance motion
Do you think upgrading to a nero would be better for this tank? I think it would be easier to control and set the power etc.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you think upgrading to a nero would be better for this tank? I think it would be easier to control and set the power etc.
Nero 3 would be user friendly as well as jebao RW4 or 8

Back