Newbie - replacing old Apex base

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help in replacing an Apex Base. My old Apex Base disconnected from Fusion. I choose to buy a new one to replace it for piece of mind. I am not deleting my old Apex from my fusion account, so I can access my old programming(I didn’t set this up) & then copy it on to new programming.

So…I’m lacking in skill/experience in set-up etc.
To replace old Apex base for new one can you give me steps?

1. Do I disconnect old Base & replace with new one?
2. Then what next?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I need help in replacing an Apex Base. My old Apex Base disconnected from Fusion. I choose to buy a new one to replace it for piece of mind. I am not deleting my old Apex from my fusion account, so I can access my old programming(I didn’t set this up) & then copy it on to new programming.

So…I’m lacking in skill/experience in set-up etc.
To replace old Apex base for new one can you give me steps?

1. Do I disconnect old Base & replace with new one?
2. Then what next?
1. There are a lot of reasons Apex's disconnect from Fusion so it might not be the 'base' thats the problem?
2. Normally, you can download the programming from your old Apex 'base/brain' to a file - then upload it to a new one (normally thats done using Fusion. I'm not sure you can easily do that from the web-interface.
3. I would consider asking Neptune to look over your apex brain to determine if its the problem in the first place (maybe they can troubleshoot it for you) - and as well instruct you how to get your old data in a different manner than fusion (i.e. your programming)

I try to keep a backup copy of my programming - so that I can re-upload it if there is a problem.
Neptune support is really good at working on things like this

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the replacement Apex is not the same model as the old one, then follow this migration guide:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
EDIT - Sorry I misunderstood that OP - But - I have another question - if the old apex is disconnected from fusion - does that mean you can still download the programing? I tried this (a year or so ago - and got repeated errors)

OP
OP
Eva Rose

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies.

I troubleshooted old Apex with Neptune support. Old Apex would have needed to be returned to Neptune for repair (or replacement). I am going out of town in a week. So I chose to go ahead & replace with new base (same model as old one). Both are Apex bases (not classic, not jr.).

I am scheduling a Neptune support ticket. I tried yesterday to use Neptune's directions to back up my programming files by going to Configuration Summary>Printer Icon...
But while the other icons work & show immediate drop down menu on Configuration Summary, when I click the printer icon nothing happens.

OP
OP
Eva Rose

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just screenshot all pages of my Configuration Summary just in case, I have to manually reprogram.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back