Newbie with first wave maker Ecotech mp10qd

LeBranche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proud owner of a Ecotech mp10qd ... so what’s the best placement? (top rear or top front)... modes?-I seen where constant is good at night then possible lagoon mode to reef mode... synchronized with lighting?......speed?.....I currently have couple zoas, hammer, monti setosa and gsp.... two clowns and blood shrimp ...40g Nuvo .... I don’t have the reef link also..... thanks

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by top rear or top front? Most people put theirs on the side or back glass, usually around half way up the pane. Not too many people put it on the front glass, but it would work.

I would personally not change the flow mode with night or day cycles. Tides may change in the ocean, but the overall flow on a reef doesn't decrease at night.

OP
OP
LeBranche

LeBranche

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by top rear or top front? Most people put theirs on the side or back glass, usually around half way up the pane. Not too many people put it on the front glass, but it would work.

I would personally not change the flow mode with night or day cycles. Tides may change in the ocean, but the overall flow on a reef doesn't decrease at night.
I meant on the side, top rear or top front

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back