NEWBIE!

JoJo56266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am somewhat newer to the hobby. We have a 5 month old tank which is doing pretty decent. We have a Red Sea 525, so 110g DT. We have fish, inverts and corals - softies, euphyllia, ricordea and a few LPS corals. Parameters are all within normal range to include: Alk 9.3, Mag 1430, Calc 435, Nitrate 7ppm
My question...we have had a Naso for about 10 days. (Didnt QT) His lateral line is showing and belly seems pinched. He is active during feeding, but doesnt appear to eat very much. He is nibbling on rock work and frags throughout the days. He is not being outcompeted for food either. No bullying and all other fish are doing great.
Should I worry? TIA

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! Let's see if we can get some input about your fish (#fishmedic ).

Clownfish.gif

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef.
I would offer nori on a clip daily, some folks soak in garlic but I have never tried that I do however use Selcon.

Hopefully he will eat after being offered a variety of foods and vitamins.

I don't know much about internal parasites but that might be something you look into.

Good luck, that is a beautiful fish.

Photo_1660507904415.jpg

OP
OP
JoJo56266

JoJo56266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef.
I would offer nori on a clip daily, some folks soak in garlic but I have never tried that I do however use Selcon.

Hopefully he will eat after being offered a variety of foods and vitamins.

I don't know much about internal parasites but that might be something you look into.

Good luck, that is a beautiful fish.

Photo_1660507904415.jpg
I have been trying, these fish wont take to Nori. I even went to buy regular seaweed...lol. Not sure if the algae wafers are as good, but they'll nibble on those.
Thanks!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef

Is it a blonde or regular naso? We’ve been seeing some health issues with blonde nasos recently.
Have you tried mysid shrimp yet?

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am somewhat newer to the hobby. We have a 5 month old tank which is doing pretty decent. We have a Red Sea 525, so 110g DT. We have fish, inverts and corals - softies, euphyllia, ricordea and a few LPS corals. Parameters are all within normal range to include: Alk 9.3, Mag 1430, Calc 435, Nitrate 7ppm
My question...we have had a Naso for about 10 days. (Didnt QT) His lateral line is showing and belly seems pinched. He is active during feeding, but doesnt appear to eat very much. He is nibbling on rock work and frags throughout the days. He is not being outcompeted for food either. No bullying and all other fish are doing great.
Should I worry? TIA

Naso appears to be subject to inadequate diet and vitamin deficiency
Naso appears to be subject to inadequate diet and vitamin deficiencyWhat foids are you feeding?
Is trigger eating….I assume? There has been an abundance of Naso tang in particular that preeck on glass but never eat and it is unknown if it is method of capture or not adapting to commercial foods in which we eat.

Add selcon vitamins to the foods occasionally

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
JoJo56266

JoJo56266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso appears to be subject to inadequate diet and vitamin deficiencyWhat foids are you feeding?
Is trigger eating….I assume?

Add selcon vitamins to the foods occasionally
I don't have a Trigger.
My fish actually eat quite a variety of foods.
LRS Fish & Herb Frenzy, Mysis, Spirulina Brine and frozen carnivore bits. We do pellets sometimes too.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't have a Trigger.
My fish actually eat quite a variety of foods.
LRS Fish & Herb Frenzy, Mysis, Spirulina Brine and frozen carnivore bits. We do pellets sometimes too.
I corrected with Naso

SaJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I worry? TIA
Welcome to the Salty Side of things. ;) I know from experience when it comes to raising tangs size does matter. Not sure how old he/she is but a 110g may have him a bit depressed and not wanting to eat. He will eventually outgrow the system sooner then later. Just a thought. Your in the right place for advice. No, I'm not the tang police. Just sharing from experience. ;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back