Newby here

Ahyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Just thought I would introduce myself. I am a newby to the saltwater hobby so might have some crazy questions for you all. I have 130g tank that is fallow at the moment after an outbreak of either velvet or Brook. As of right now I have a male gold stripe maroon clown (female didn't make it) 2 spiny chromis and a canary wrasse in qt. Tank was cycled about 4-5 months ago. Hoping to learn lots from you guys/gals as I go.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Sorry to hear about your outbreak :( Take it as a learning experience. I had the same problem, lost everything to brook. Please feel free to share pictures of your setup, we love pictures ;)
E9EHO5l.gif
#WelcometoR2R

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
A

Ahyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be honest, I almost quit after losing my butterfly and sailfin tang. Saving the male maroon was the only reason I didn't. I will apologize in advance if I ask a dumb question. Hubby was in the hobby for years but we both started from scratch within the last year. We started my tank first and will be getting his 150g started soon. Figured we would work on 1 at a time so I could learn as we went. Just as a first question, the 3 remaining fish from my DT are now in a 10g qt with cupramine. I would like to get the little guy who made it a companion since he lost his woman. Should I do this now and get it in the cupramine since they will all be in that tank for the next 6-8 weeks? Not sure how to introduce a new female to the existing male. The female died on tuesday morning. Should I wait a while?

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! [emoji16] My tank crashed 3 years ago after converting my 55 gallon tank from fresh water to saltwater. I learned a lot from the process, and found a real respect for the hobby. I LOVE it!!! Glad you're still in the hobby and joined the group!
5c64b8b94e3b9f641f52257f6a589858.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back