Newby here

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Ahyes ! Don't worry about silly questions once Ya start looking around You will see it's already been asked !
It will be interesting to see the differences between your's & hubby's tank.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Gump Hi.gif

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Sorry about your losses :(
Glad your sticking with it your tank looks great can’t wait to see it back in action.

12B3DCE5-3B94-4590-BA57-1EA8B4ABA29A.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Ahyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a question for you guys/gals. Have a 72" Loop marine bundle on the tank, which I absolutely love the lighting on. For some strange reason the return pump in the sump has a mind of its own and will speed up and slow down at will. We have it programmed for 30% but still speeding up at different times of the day. Anyone else have this setup have this issue?

Also would like some input on what might have occurred in my tank. Before all of the fish started dying hubby had added a carbon filter to the side of the return end of the sump. All of the rock in the tank had a black film to them and we figured out the carbon filter was grinding up the carbon and it was getting in the DT. Could this have caused any of the issues with the fish and not a disease like I first thought. Still have the 3 fish that survived in a QT for now. We have since removed the carbon filter. Skimmer was still getting some of the carbon out of the tank last week but not seeing anything right now.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back