OP
OP
Brfoster77

Brfoster77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always switch them out for different type of drain.
With as much trouble as I had with leaking bulk heads, that's a last resort. I've thought of shortening one drain, (they are only 1" difference in height), but that means removing entire plumbing section. May not be a big deal for some, but I worked on mine for 3 days before I got leaks stopped.

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, take it slow and keep it basic. Don't chase the needle when it comes to the parameters. Maybe start a build thread and you can post questions and updates there.

Attachments

• Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 15

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I can't help with your overflow issues other than to advise to make very small incremental changes to the valves and watch how that change affects the flow for a while before making another change as the changes can take several minutes to reach equilibrium.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. Somewhat new to the reefing world. My significant other has previously had salt water, and some coral. I on the other hand, have kept gold fish and catfish I caught in the creek. So... this is a yuuuge learning curve for me.

So now.. we just set up a tank and sump setup that was previously used, but has been sitting dry for at least 4 years. We've reused every piece that came with the setup, 200 gal dial overflow tank, plumbing, Eshopps R-200 sump, and return pump. I'm here for advice/ help/ suggestions for the plumbing/ return/ sump, as I've never had anything like this before. Don't want to overload this first thread, so, I'll go start reading what I can find, but hello to all!
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
welcometuna.gif

OP
OP
Brfoster77

Brfoster77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I can't help with your overflow issues other than to advise to make very small incremental changes to the valves and watch how that change affects the flow for a while before making another change as the changes can take several minutes to reach equilibrium.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg
No valves are currently installed on either drain, just flexible 1" hoses.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back